Skip to content. | Skip to navigation


Common ragwort (Senecio jacobea) is well known as a poisonous weed. It has attractive yellow flowers and easily recognisable leaves. It also has a very unattractive taste to rabbits and other mammals. When dried or if there is nothing else to eat, animals might eat it. The toxins cause permanent and sometimes fatal liver damage in horses. Although there are no reported cases of ragwort poisoning in rabbits, it is better not to pick it.
Filed under:

Website reconstruction

This website is currently undergoing reconstruction. It is anticipated that an updated, improved version will be up in 2019