An updated website is under construction so there are no recent changes to this site at the moment

Daffodils (and other plants from bulbs)

The leaves, stems and bulbs of daffodils (Narcissus spp.) contain a toxic alkaloid, lycorine. The concentrations of the alkaloid are highest in the outer layers of the bulbs. There are no reports of toxicity in rabbits but the bulbs are known to be poisonous in other species, especially humans who may mistake them for onions. Many plants from bulbs are potentially toxic so it is inadvisable to pick the leaves or flowers when foraging for rabbits. However, they are unlikely to eat them.